SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Syracuse Police Department is investigating a shooting that happened just after midnight Monday on the 1900-block of Bellevue Avenue.
When officers arrived, they found a 19-year-old man who had been shot in the buttocks. The victim was taken to the hospital and is expected to survive.
Multiple casings were located at the scene, and several vehicles were struck by gunfire.
The investigation is ongoing. If you have any information, contact Syracuse Police at (315) 442-5222.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Fall colors remain near peak in Central New York heading into the weekend
- Driver charged with DWI after going wrong way on I-690, crashing in Van Buren
- Russia and Iran made ‘desperate attempts’ to interfere with election, US officials say
- Balter says attack ads are ‘sexist and racist,’ Katko campaign calls complaints ‘offensive’
- Republicans say Democrats planning to pack the Supreme Court
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.