AUBURN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One man is dead following a shooting on Auburn’s west side on Friday morning. It happened just after 2 a.m. along Delevan Street.
On Saturday afternoon, the Auburn Police Department identified the victim as 36-year-old, Joshua A. Poole from Auburn, NY.
Police are continuing to investigate. The cause of death has not been released.
No suspect is in custody, but the Auburn Police Department says it is working a “very fluid and active investigation” with the Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office and the New York State Police
Police say there is no imminent threat to the nearby Genesee Elementary School, but staff members were notified of the incident, along with the police department’s school resource supervisor, who will coordinate school safety procedures, if they become necessary.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Coach O says LSU NEEDS this Spring Game
- Cortland runs away with 19-5 win vs. Brockport
- WATCH: Enjoy the warm Wednesday as CNY’s weather to change for the end of the week
- Shooting on Hawley Ave in Syracuse injures 15-year-old
- Oswego Health Department to hold COVID-19 vaccine clinic in Fulton on April 17th