Bakery oven malfunction causes carbon monoxide leak at Tops on 1st North Street

Local News

SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Syracuse Fire Department was called to Tops Market on 1st North Street just after 10:30 a.m. Thursday after the carbon monoxide detector went off.

Investigators say a bakery oven malfunctioned.

The grocery store was briefly evacuated until the building was ventilated and CO levels went back to normal. That took about two hours.

No one was hospitalized.
—-

For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area