BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A man from Baldwinsville is facing charges after police say he overdosed and crashed his car with three kids in the back seat. None of those kids were wearing seatbelts or were in a car seat.
The Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office says Lynn Holland, 29, crashed a Pontiac sedan on Interstate 690 near Hencle Boulevard around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators say he had also been driving south on Church Road with the kids in the back seat when he hit a sign and the guide rail several times.
“When deputies arrived on scene, they discovered that the driver was unconscious and in full arrest. Based on evidence and the surroundings, it was determined to be a possible drug overdose, so the deputy administered two doses of Narcan,” said Sergeant Jon Seeber.
A one-year-old, two-year-old, and six-year-old were not hurt in the crash.
Holland is facing several charges, including driving on drugs with kids in the car, leaving the scene of a property damage accident, and not properly restraining the children in the car.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Man suffers multiple stab wounds, shot at with paintball gun in Syracuse
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
- Oswego set for firework display Sunday night, Utica Street bridge will be closed to vehicles
- WATCH: Partly cloudy and a bit more humid, but not too bad tonight
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9