BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A man from Baldwinsville is facing charges after police say he overdosed and crashed his car with three kids in the back seat. None of those kids were wearing seatbelts or were in a car seat.
The Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office says Lynn Holland, 29, crashed a Pontiac sedan on Interstate 690 near Hencle Boulevard around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Investigators say he had also been driving south on Church Road with the kids in the back seat when he hit a sign and the guide rail several times.
“When deputies arrived on scene, they discovered that the driver was unconscious and in full arrest. Based on evidence and the surroundings, it was determined to be a possible drug overdose, so the deputy administered two doses of Narcan,” said Sergeant Jon Seeber.
A one-year-old, two-year-old, and six-year-old were not hurt in the crash.
Holland is facing several charges, including driving on drugs with kids in the car, leaving the scene of a property damage accident, and not properly restraining the children in the car.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Over 3,000 tickets issued during Stop-DWI crackdown
- Newsfeed Now: Western wildfires rage on; Missouri soldier surprises his kids
- Edmunds, Milano will not play against Dolphins
- Bills LBs Mat Milano and Tremaine Edmunds won’t play vs. Dolphins
- Daily positive coronavirus test percentage at 0.88% for New York State
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9