BALDWINSVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A teacher in the Baldwinsville Central School District is on leave after the district received multiple complaints that a website link sent to students contained pornography. The link was sent to students for homework.
The teacher is on leave from the district while the complaints are investigated.
“We intend to take all steps necessary to respect the teacher’s rights, while, at the same time, taking all required and prudent steps to ensure the welfare and safety of our students,” Superintendent Matthew McDonald said.
It has not been determined if the actions of the teacher are considered criminal.
The district will have counselors available to all students and if parents have questions, they are free to contact Superintendent McDonald.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- USA Today: 63 Bed Bath & Beyond locations to close by the end of 2020, including 1 in Syracuse
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites
- CNY had 2nd highest COVID-19 positive rate among all 10 New York regions Saturday
- 5 Questions with Darryl Johnson on Buffalo Kickoff Live
- Shooting near Syracuse’s northside injures 2 Saturday afternoon