SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — It seems as though Syracuse is the place to be this weekend! The city, dressed in orange, is buzzing with excitement!
A lot of familiar faces are around town and we ran into one on Marshall Street Friday afternoon: Former NewsChannel 9 reporter Sean Martinelli, a Syracuse University graduate and huge Orange fan!
“I remember two years ago we beat Clemson. I want to see it happen again,” Martinelli said.
“Are you feeling confident?” we asked.
“I was so confident that I was on the plane last night and I told the attendant we needed to make an announcement saying the Tigers were going to go home disappointed and they didn’t do it. I was so sad,” Martinelli said.
Martinelli now works as a reporter with NBC 2 in sunny Fort Myers, Florida.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Accumulating snow arrives Saturday afternoon
- US has best month for new home construction in 13 years
- A house divided: Couple holds prank war leading up to NFC Championship
- Bettors leaning heavily toward home teams making Super Bowl
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. award given to local self-advocate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9