MANLIUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Bagpipes, trumpets, even a gun salute. It’s such a special way to celebrate turning 90 years old!
It’s how family and friends helped Korean War veteran Jack Monson ring in his birthday on Sunday.
Since they couldn’t celebrate the usual way, they surprised him with a street party complete with a Guard of Honor.
“To be able to come to a situation like this today is beyond belief,” said Jack. “I’m so appreciative of everyone coming and making it all happen.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- DOJ rewards Southern California police department for fighting human trafficking
- US citizen tried to drive across border in car packed with meth
- Maquiladoras, outdoor markets shut down for ignoring social-distancing rules
- Private-border wall builder admits soil eroding at South Texas site
- COVID-19 hits border cities hard: 14 deaths and 428 new cases in one day
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.