SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Peaceful protests continued in the city of Syracuse Sunday in honor of the Black Lives Matter movement.
The group “Last Chance for Change” gathered and marched to the Rescue Mission to give away free food. The group has vowed to make their voices heard for 40 days and 40 nights. The protests began in Syracuse on Saturday, May 30.
The protests stem from the death of George Floyd, who was killed by a White police officer in Minneapolis.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Tear gas, clashes in Beirut amid fury over massive blast
- WATCH: A couple showers this afternoon
- NY’s largest teachers union responds to reopening schools this fall
- Gov. Cuomo provides Saturday coronavirus update for NYS; positive rate remains below 1%
- Syracuse Police investigating after man says he was shot at Saturday morning
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.