LOCKE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Cayuga County Health Department has issued a boil water advisory for the Town of Locke. They advise people on the public water system to boil their water before using it.
The boil water order has been issued because repairs are being done to the water distribution system, which creates a loss of water pressure and could allow disease-causing organisms to enter the water system.
The Cayuga County Health Department urges those on the Town of Locke water system to bring all water to a boil before using or drinking.
If you have questions, please contact the health department at (315) 253-1560 or visit cayugacounty.us/health.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Jamesville-DeWitt School Board to discuss keeping school resource officer at next meeting
- Oneida County reports 3 more COVID-19 deaths Sunday; 5th consecutive day with at least 2 deaths
- Ithaca Police investigate armed robbery at a Byrne Dairy Saturday night
- Loyal and energetic stray Dutch shepherd looking for a forever home: Petsavers
- Syracuse Common Council to vote on new lead paint ordinance Monday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9