BOONVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The 2020 Boonville-Oneida County Fair has been cancelled.
The fair was originally scheduled for July 28 through August 2.
A statement released Friday afternoon from the Board of Directors says the decision was made because it would be impossible for them to adhere to all the CDC standards and recommendations and still provide a safe and entertaining event.
This is only the second time the Boonville-Oneida County Fair has been cancelled.
The only other time was in 1943 during World War II.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Josh Allen still doesn’t care about Jalen Ramsey’s ‘trash’ comments
- WATCH: Warm for CNY Thursday, showers for some
- COVID-19 testing options limited in rural parts of Central New York
- Business owner says all tenants of Shoppingtown Mall must vacate within 30 days
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.