BOONVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The 2020 Boonville-Oneida County Fair has been cancelled.
The fair was originally scheduled for July 28 through August 2.
A statement released Friday afternoon from the Board of Directors says the decision was made because it would be impossible for them to adhere to all the CDC standards and recommendations and still provide a safe and entertaining event.
This is only the second time the Boonville-Oneida County Fair has been cancelled.
The only other time was in 1943 during World War II.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- LIVE UPDATES: Weather iffy as NASA prepares for historic launch of crewed SpaceX mission
- Oswego’s Harborfest, 4th of July Parade cancelled for 2020
- WATCH: Breezy with a few afternoon showers Saturday
- SpaceX, NASA moving ahead with historic launch, weather permitting
- Gov. Cuomo signs bill giving death benefits to families of frontline COVID-19 workers
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.