OSWEGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Senator Schumer joined Senator Kirsten Gillibrand to announce nearly $2 million in renovations will be happening at Breitbeck Park in Oswego to repair the areas that were severely damaged after flooding on Lake Ontario this summer and in 2017.
The money comes from the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency.
Crews will work to restore Brightbeck Park and its shoreline. There is no timeline for the repairs.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Old Man Winter isn’t quite done with CNY just yet
- WATCH: Cool with any spotty showers tapering off this evening
- Tattoo fundraiser for Fayetteville firefighter after kidney transplant
- Don’t forget to renew your motorcycle registration, the DMV warns
- Woman who allegedly murdered 93-year-old in February appearing in court on Monday
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9