Burn survivor, and family, thank local first responders

Local News
Burn_survivor_and_family_thank_first_res_0_20190309232546

The adopted family of Emagine Evans is saying thank you to the first responders who saved the little girl from the Pond Street Fire in 2016.

Evans was just a toddler then when she was trapped inside the Syracuse home with her two teenage cousins. One of her cousins didn’t make it out, and Emagine suffered severe burns to half her body.

Now 5 years-old, she and her family are celebrating her life with the City of Syracuse Fire Department and first responders who saved her.

“It’s really not about one person, I think we’re all humbled to be here today,” firefighter James Farewell said. “This doesn’t happen very often that you hear about the results of calls you go on and the people that you’ve helped, so it was really special that her family thought of doing this.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area