UPDATE: Police have identified the woman who was killed on Friday as Stephanie Jenkins, 35, of Watertown.
The preliminary investigation shows that Jenkins had left her residence to travel by bus out of the area. She was behind 540 State St. when the bus stopped to wait for traffic to turn into the driveway.
Jenkins walked behind the building, but the bus started to more and she ran toward the rear passenger side. She was knocked down and the bus passed over her, according to police.
Her cause of death was ruled as blunt force trauma by Dr. Samuel Livingstone at the Samaritan Medical Center.
WATERTOWN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — One woman was killed Friday afternoon after she was hit by a bus in Watertown.
According to the Watertown Police Department, officers responded to 540 State St. at approximately 2:40 p.m. on Friday, for reports of a crash involving a bus and a woman.
Police say an Adirondack Trailways Bus hit a woman and she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The area of the crash was closed to traffic for a period of time on Friday but has since been reopened.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York City Voter Guide
- Fugitive of the Week: Tomaj Fields wanted for rape in the 2nd degree, should be considered dangerous
- Company of SU and OCC grads still finalizing Shark Tank deal
- What’s Going Around: CNY children dealing with colds, sore throats
- Free COVID-19 testing being offered in Fulton by appointment only
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.