SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Getting engaged in government. The C-SPAN bus made a stop at Le Moyne College on Wednesday to encourage Central New Yorkers to learn about upcoming elections.
The bus is on a seven-week tour, teaching people about C-SPAN’s role in elections, working to inform people and not persuade them.
“That unfiltered view of government is what C-SPAN offers, so we’re not going to tell you what to think or how to think about it. We’re just going to let you see it as if you were a viewer in the room so that you can make up your own mind,” said C-SPAN marketing representative Jenae Green.
On the bus, you’ll find a classroom area with smart TVs and a 360-degree video station to show off C-SPAN’s coverage of high-profile events and behind-the-scenes tours of U.S. landmarks.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Paving project on I-81 to affect traffic in Onondaga County and Oswego County
- Staying safe during the Fourth of July weekend
- State police nab 3 with illegal weapons on Thruway traffic stop
- Syracuse football lands three-star quarterback from California
- Alternative Baseball Organization wants to come to Syracuse
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9