SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Candles were lit to honor the memories of those who lost their lives to domestic or dating violence. Thursday night’s vigil took place at Hendricks Chapel on the Syracuse University campus.
The vigil was a part of raising awareness as part of Domestic and Dating Violence Awareness Month.
Following a brief statement, those in attendance held a moment of silence in remembrance of the many victims. Those in attendance said it’s important that those who died are never forgotten.
Thursday night’s vigil was put on by the Barnes Center at the Arch and Omega Phi Beta.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- “One mistake didn’t win or lose a game” Dino Babers reacts to Syracuse heartbreaking loss to NC State
- Bills K Tyler Bass is finding his groove after shaky start to rookie season
- Syracuse business owner grateful to see customers on Small Business Saturday
- Bills place WR John Brown on injured reserve
- Mexico Schools moving to remote learning until Dec. 11th with several students and staff under quarantine
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9