SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Candles were lit to honor the memories of those who lost their lives to domestic or dating violence. Thursday night’s vigil took place at Hendricks Chapel on the Syracuse University campus.
The vigil was a part of raising awareness as part of Domestic and Dating Violence Awareness Month.
Following a brief statement, those in attendance held a moment of silence in remembrance of the many victims. Those in attendance said it’s important that those who died are never forgotten.
Thursday night’s vigil was put on by the Barnes Center at the Arch and Omega Phi Beta.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Sheriff: Three people expected to survive serious crash in Madison County
- Onondaga County Exec. pledges face masks for teachers
- Colon cancer screening: A Healthier CNY
- WATCH: Mainly dry Monday with intervals of sun
- Businesses eager to welcome back Syracuse University students
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9