CAYUGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) —
Update Monday morning 10/14/2019 — According to the Cayuga County Sheriff’s office, the man killed while trying to launch a boat in the Seneca River Friday is 77-year-old Thomas A. Jetty, of Auburn.
According to the Cayuga County Sheriff’s Office, a man has died after he was attempting to launch his boat into the Seneca River on Friday afternoon just off Route 38 in Conquest.
Early indications are that the man was backing his boat into the boat launch and something went wrong. The vehicle is now completely underwater.
The investigation is just beginning and a tow truck is on the scene, working to get the vehicle out of the water.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Six Westhill student-athletes honored at signing ceremony
- WATCH: Quiet for now in CNY but arctic air to return
- Dropcopter wins $500,000 from GROW NY
- Group seeking to protect historic church, cemetery from border wall construction
- Twinkies is being turned into a breakfast cereal
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9