SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — It’s defined the Central New York skyline for over 40 years, and soon it will be deflated.
Syracuse University told NewsChannel 9 that the Carrier Dome roof will likely be deflated some time next week.
It was earlier this month that the SU women’s basketball team played the final event inside the dome before it was closed for renovation work.
As construction continues, you can see the new roof take shape. It is scheduled to be completed in time for the 2020 Syracuse football home opener.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Rain showers Saturday afternoon, warmer Sunday
- Corning headquarters lights up with uplifting message
- Gov. Andrew Cuomo to give his daily coronavirus update at Noon Saturday
- Carrier Dome construction “has to be exempt,” says Onondaga County Executive
- Minimal flood threat despite heavy rain this weekend
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9