SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In the midst of the coronavirus crisis, don’t forget about the 2020 census. It’s a quick way to do your part and help your neighbors.
As of Saturday, the self-response rate for the City of Syracuse was at 44.1%.
For some reference, that’s much lower than the rate for 2010, which was 61.7%.
Filling out the census affects the amount of funding the city will get for future projects and essential services.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Business owner says all tenants of Shoppingtown Mall must vacate within 30 days
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- Watch Live: 2 officers shot in Louisville during protest
- President Trump holds White House news briefing
- Protests break out in Louisville and across the country after Breonna Taylor case announcement