CENTRAL NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — A child in Central New York died this week from the flu.
The State Health Department has not confirmed exactly where the child was from or how old they were.
The health department also reported that two other children have died from the flu in Western New York this season, including one this past week.
The flu continues to spread throughout the state, as there were more than 11,000 cases of the flu confirmed this past week, which is about a 10% increase from last week.
You can view the department’s full weekly flu report here.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Wet overnight but drier Wednesday in store
- Rare total solar eclipse occurs in CNY 4 years from today
- Cayuga Medical Center sending healthcare workers to New York City
- Syracuse Police investigating hit-and-run on city’s Southside
- Cuomo: Student loan industry to suspend collections and late fees
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9