Child killed in Remsen house fire

Local News

REMSEN, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A 9-year-old boy was found dead, and two adults severely burned after an early morning house fire in Remsen on Wednesday. 

Everett Newman was found dead on the second floor of the home on Maple Avenue. Louis Newman, 67, and Amelia Newman, 37, suffered severe burns as they were trying to get to the child before firefighters arrived. They were taken to St. Elizabeth’s Hospital in Utica.

The fire had been burning for two hours before crews arrived to the scene. The fire is believed to have started from a wood stove on the first floor.

More from NewsChannel 9:

For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area