CHITTENANGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Village of Chittenango Police Chief has retired. Former chief Fred Corey sent a one-line note to the mayor, saying only, “Mayor Bough Martin, please accept my resignation effective immediately. Sincerely yours, Frederick Corey, Police Chief.”
Corey took over the department after former police chief Jeffrey Paul plead guilty to filling out timesheets for hours he didn’t work.
Corey tells NewsChannel 9 he resigned because he wants to retire and enjoy life.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
- Josh Allen still doesn’t care about Jalen Ramsey’s ‘trash’ comments
- WATCH: Warm for CNY Thursday, showers for some
- COVID-19 testing options limited in rural parts of Central New York
- Business owner says all tenants of Shoppingtown Mall must vacate within 30 days
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9