Cigarette smoke in bathroom forces guests outside while firefighters search hotel

Local News
Holiday Inn Smoker

Firefighters in Liverpool spent their night checking every room on three floors of the Holiday Inn on Electronics Parkway after someone decided to smoke a cigarette in a bathroom and set off the alarms. 

Several hundred people had to wait in the parking lot just before 9 p.m., including guests at a wedding and a sorority party. 

Crews from Mattydale, North Syracuse, Solvay, Liverpool, and Moyers Corners fire station were called in.

It took about 40-minutes for firefighters to find the source of the smoke, so guests could go back inside the hotel.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Live Doppler 9 Map Center

CNY View

CNY View

CNY View

Oswego Area

Oswego Area

Syracuse Area

Syracuse Area