SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The city of Syracuse named Thursday Laura Hand Book Break Day in honor of retirement. The celebration happened Thursday afternoon at STEAM at Dr. King Elementary in Syracuse.
Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh, Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon and Syracuse City School Superintendent Jaime Alicea were all there to honor the broadcasting legend. NewsChannel 9’s Christie Casciano was also there, joined by some other local anchors and meteorologists to honor Laura by reading to students.
On Saturday, Laura Hand will anchor her final show after 47 years on Channel 3.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- SOHO 2019 Shares Inspiration and Information For Small Businesses
- SU Football coach Dino Babers weekly press conference
- Genomic Testing For Cancer Patients
- ‘Fortnite’ goes dark: Map blows up, leaving players staring at black hole
- Champions Birthdays 10/14
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9