SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh announced a new Parking Violation Amnesty Program on Monday.
The program will allow those with outstanding fines to pay those tickets without any additional fines.
The Syracuse Common Council approved the program as well as increases in fees for parking violations.
The program is set to begin in September.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Halloween evening is just a bit bone chilling but not too spooky
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
- Multiple potential COVID-19 exposures announced in Oneida County Saturday
- Central New York region confirms over 100 new cases of COVID-19 for second consecutive day Friday
- NY Blitz Fantasy Spotlight: Week 8
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.