SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Due to COVID-19 restrictions, the City of Syracuse will not host a public Christmas tree lighting event this year.
The event normally takes place in Clinton Square. The city did say that there will still be a Christmas tree lit up in Clinton Square this year.
The city is hoping to have a virtual celebration.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Daily Pledge: Miss Military Star New York – October 23rd
- Man injured in stabbing on North Monticello Drive in Syracuse
- Early voting begins Saturday in New York State
- Movie theaters can open Friday, dependent county’s COVID-19 positivity rate
- US records second-highest daily total of COVID-19 cases
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.