SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Support for Clifford Ryan’s mission to stop gun violence in Syracuse is growing. Community members walked alongside the founder of OG’s, – Our Generation – Against Gun Violence, in downtown Syracuse on Wednesday.
Touched by his work, State Senator Rachel May presented Ryan with the Liberty Medal.
“And that’s very important to have boots on the ground, going out into the community and reaching out to these young people,” Ryan said. “As you can see, we have young people here, that’s inspiration that you have young people supporting you.”
May says countless lives have been saved by Ryan’s actions.
The Liberty Medal is the highest civilian honor a New Yorker can receive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Member of SU Men’s Basketball team tests positive, game still on for tonight
- DHS nominee vows administration will ‘roll up sleeves’ and reform immigration on Day 1
- EMS detail COVID challenges as 911 system close to breaking point
- House Dems pick moderate New Yorker to lead campaign arm
- Border county banking on wind farms to ‘boost’ economy in rural South Texas
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9