SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Support for Clifford Ryan’s mission to stop gun violence in Syracuse is growing. Community members walked alongside the founder of OG’s, – Our Generation – Against Gun Violence, in downtown Syracuse on Wednesday.
Touched by his work, State Senator Rachel May presented Ryan with the Liberty Medal.
“And that’s very important to have boots on the ground, going out into the community and reaching out to these young people,” Ryan said. “As you can see, we have young people here, that’s inspiration that you have young people supporting you.”
May says countless lives have been saved by Ryan’s actions.
The Liberty Medal is the highest civilian honor a New Yorker can receive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- United Airlines to suspend service at major US airport
- Kickoff announced for SU/NC State
- Mayor Walsh announces new policies for housing and jobs for the people of Syracuse
- Oneida County Sheriff reports another false threat of mass harm
- Planned Parenthood to open first mobile abortion clinic in Illinois
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9