SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Support for Clifford Ryan’s mission to stop gun violence in Syracuse is growing. Community members walked alongside the founder of OG’s, – Our Generation – Against Gun Violence, in downtown Syracuse on Wednesday.
Touched by his work, State Senator Rachel May presented Ryan with the Liberty Medal.
“And that’s very important to have boots on the ground, going out into the community and reaching out to these young people,” Ryan said. “As you can see, we have young people here, that’s inspiration that you have young people supporting you.”
May says countless lives have been saved by Ryan’s actions.
The Liberty Medal is the highest civilian honor a New Yorker can receive.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Mets lead evaporates in 7-4 loss to Red Sox
- Skyline Apartments passed inspections
- WATCH: More sunshine and a 70s vibe for Central New York heading into the weekend
- Mayor, Syracuse Build Partners call for applicants for construction training program
- Kinney Drugs to Partner with Onondaga County to vaccinate anyone 12yrs old and older
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9