SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — June is Pride Month, which celebrates the LGBTQIA+ community and throughout this month, Central New York Pride (CNY Pride) and others are celebrating with a number of events.
Throughout the month of June, Central New York pride will be celebrated with multiple events hosted by LGBTQIA+ organizations, businesses and others.
All the events below celebrate the LGBTQIA+ community in Syracuse.
For additional information, visit CNY Pride’s website.
Official Pride Events in CNY, June 2023
Pride Flag Raising Ceremony
- June 3, 2023, from 11:00 – 11:30 a.m.
- Steps of Syracuse City Hall, on 233 E Washington Street in Syracuse
“Join us as we ceremoniously raise the Progress Pride Flag in front of Syracuse’s City Hall. Local
artists will perform and representatives from CNY Pride and local and state government will
Pride Interfaith Service
- June 6, 2023, at 7:00 p.m.
- Plymouth Congregational Church, 232 E Onondaga St, Syracuse
“Gather with CNY Pride and All Saints Church to celebrate togetherness in the spirit of Pride
month with an inclusive and supportive spiritual service.”
Syracuse Gay and Lesbian Chorus Concert
- June 9 and 10, 2023, at 7:00 p.m.
- May Memorial Unitarian Universalist Society, on 3800 E Genesee Street in Syracuse
“Celebrate our local and very talented LGBTQIA+ community by attending one of the Syracuse
Gay and Lesbian Chorus’s concerts. This group brings energy and excitement to Central New
York through the gift of music.”
CNY Pride Weekend Kickoff Party
- June 9, 2023, from 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor, on 310 West Kirkpatrick Street in Syracuse
“Join us at the Aloft Syracuse Inner Harbor hotel lobby and courtyard as we kick off Pride
Weekend with specialty Pride cocktails and stellar entertainment!”
CNY Pride Parade
- June 10, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.
- Solar St. and W. Kirkpatrick St. near the Syracuse Inner Harbor
“Join CNY Pride and Central New York’s LGBTQIA+ community as we parade down Solar St.
and West Kirkpatrick St. to the CNY Pride Festival at the Inner Harbor! Spectators are welcome
to line the streets to show their support. More details to come on cnypride.org.”
CNY Pride Festival
- June 10, 2023, from 12:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Syracuse Inner Harbor
- FREE: Donate to our #KeepPrideFree Campaign
“Join us for a fun-filled day of family-friendly entertainment, activities, 80+ vendors, food and
beverage trucks, and more – all to celebrate the Central New York LGBTQIA+ community!
Check with cnypride.org for updates.”
SAGE Upstate CNY Gay 5k
- June 17, 2023, 9:00 a.m.
- Long Branch Park in Liverpool
- $30 registration fee to run, $35 to run virtually
“The CNY Gay 5K is a community-run, family-friendly event designed to celebrate our Central New York Community and raise funds for SAGE Upstate, a non-profit serving older Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender people in CNY. You can run it, skip it, walk it, dance it or sashay all the way – in person or virtually. In 2022 we raised over $12,000!” stated SAGE Upstate.
The Queer Qomedy Queens
- June 22. 2023, 7:00 p.m.
- Funny Bone, 10301 Destiny USA, Syracuse
“The Queer Qomedy Queens include Rich Kiamco, who has appeared on shows like the Wendy
Williams Show and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Jess Miller winner of the Ladies Room
Comedy Festival, and Poppy Champlin, who has appeared on Oprah. Tickets are $30 and a
portion of the proceeds go to CNY Pride.”
Pride Night at the Mets
- June 29, 2023; Gates open at 5:30 p.m., the game starts at 6:35 p.m.
- NBT Bank Stadium, on 1 Tex Simone Dr. in Syracuse
“Join the Syracuse Mets, CNY Pride, and Syracuse Guerilla Gay Bar for the 8th Annual Pride
Night at NBT Bank Stadium on Thursday, June 29. Proceeds from every ticket will benefit CNY
Pride. The event features a Pride Jersey and Pride Flag Giveaway for the first thousand fans,
courtesy of Northwestern Mutual. Limited free tickets are also available.
Pride Night is also a $1 Thursday, which means that fans can enjoy $1 fountain Coca-Cola
drinks, $2 Hofmann hot dogs and cooneys, $3 16oz. cans and draft from Labatt, Budweiser,
Coors, Saranac, and 1911!”
Pride Day Music Performances at the New York State Fairgrounds
- August 25, 2023. 9:00 a.m.
At the first Friday of the Fair, the Fair is hosting a Pride Day with a musical line-up to play throughout the day including the following:
- Mary Lambert at 1:00 p.m. in Chevy Court
- Rebecca Black at 2:00 p.m. in Suburban Park
- Doechii at 6:00 p.m. in Chevy Court
- GAYLE at 8:00 p.m. in Suburban Park
“Special programs – including a comedy show and a drag show – will be held in the Empire Theater (located in the Art and Homes Center) from 10:00 am to 5:00 p.m., culminating with the annual Pride Day Parade, which will step off at 6:00 p.m. from the Exposition Center. In addition to a world-class musical entertainment line-up, fairgoers can look forward to a ceremony shortly after the Gates Open, followed by a Resource Fair in the Pavilion Area behind Chevy Court. Here, visitors will have a chance to socialize with members of various organizations, learning about different groups in the community.”