SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Central New York SPCA is investigating an animal cruelty case after they received a stray, abused dog on Monday. Someone found her near Sehr park in Salina.
The dog has extremely serious injuries to her head, including bite marks and a damaged ear a veterinarian was able to reconstruct.
The CNY SPCA says the dog’s upper jaw has also been broken and there are other injuries with details too graphic to release. A canine dental specialist will need to repair some of the dog’s injuries, which could cost anywhere from $3,500 to $4,500.
The CNY SPCA is accepting donations to pay for the dog’s surgery. If you’d like to donate you can do so on their Facebook page or send a check to:
5878 E Molloy Rd
Syracuse, N.Y. 13211
To make sure your donation goes directly to the surgery, please note the check: MEDICAL FUND.
Anyone who recognizes the dog or may know anything about this case is asked to email email@example.com
You can also call 315-454-3469.
The investigation into this case is ongoing and details will be released when they become available.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Live: President Trump nominates Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- New York State Trooper seriously injured in 190 North crash in Buffalo Saturday morning
- Sisters of missing Canastota woman searching for answers
- Oneida County Health Department announces 3 potential COVID-19 exposures
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.