(WSYR-TV) — Congressman Anthony Brindisi formally announced his re-election campaign on Monday in Utica.
Brindisi was elected to represent New York’s 22nd Congressional District in 2018 after beating incumbent Republican Claudia Tenney.
Tenney has already announced that she is running to replace Brindisi.
She also earned an endorsement from President Donald Trump.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills LB Tyrel Dodson has strong first NFL start filling in for Tremaine Edmunds
- BOX SCORE: Giants 13, Bears 17; Saquon Barkley feared to have torn ACL
- Syracuse: Potentially the driest September on record
- Two Bills rookies score their first NFL touchdowns in win over Miami
- Syracuse University residence floor in quarantine after new cases of COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9