(WSYR-TV) — Congressman Anthony Brindisi formally announced his re-election campaign on Monday in Utica.
Brindisi was elected to represent New York’s 22nd Congressional District in 2018 after beating incumbent Republican Claudia Tenney.
Tenney has already announced that she is running to replace Brindisi.
She also earned an endorsement from President Donald Trump.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- North Country wake up weather Monday November 30, 2020
- WATCH: Grab the rain coats; Steady rain spreads across CNY Monday
- Onondaga County is resuming ballot-counting on Monday
- Bills running game takes step in the right direction vs. Chargers
- Josh Allen says they ‘left a lot out there’ offensively after missed opportunities vs. Chargers
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9