SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Construction continues on the Christmas tree in Clinton Square.
Thousands of lights are being added to the base of the structure.
This is the first year the city will use a fake tree for the holidays. Syracuse has said it will save the city money over the years, a cost that they’re happy to cut down.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Onondaga Co. Exec. negotiating with state on ‘orange zone’ business restrictions and school testing
- Markus Paul dies after collapsing at Cowboys facility on Tuesday
- Biden transition team ‘encouraged by progress’
- Mexico says ‘The Mute’ gave green light to kill Americans, but victim’s father points to druglord Caro Quintero
- Wreaths Across America back on after threat of cancelation
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9