SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Construction continues on the Christmas tree in Clinton Square.
Thousands of lights are being added to the base of the structure.
This is the first year the city will use a fake tree for the holidays. Syracuse has said it will save the city money over the years, a cost that they’re happy to cut down.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Wegmans Wednesday: Strawberry Rosemary Soda
- Catching up with a caregiver, one year into the pandemic
- The Show Must Go on At Oswego Opera Theater with Virtual Performance
- There’s still time to sign up for the inaugural Harriet Tubman virtual 5K
- Syracuse’s ShotSpotter returns after being cut due to pandemic budget concerns
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9