NORTH SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The long-anticipated and much-needed construction is now well underway at Bear Road Elementary.
The building is one of North Syracuse Central School District’s oldest elementary schools.
The district is advising neighbors to be cautious around the building itself and avoid the area if possible.
While fencing has been put up, it has been knocked down by pedestrians in some spots.
Sturdier barriers will soon be put up and they are telling people to stay away from unsafe areas.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Tracking the Tropics: Gulf Coast braces, again, for hurricane as Zeta takes aim
- J-D boys cruise past Central Square
- Westhill tops Bishop Ludden in overtime
- LaFayette blanks Tully in boys soccer
- The future of the Senate: 35 seats up for grabs on election night
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.