CORTLAND COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — This past weekend, Cortland County held a drug take back event. This is where medications are dropped off so they can be disposed of properly. A total of 1,139 pounds of medication was collected and safely destroyed.
Four locations throughout the county collected a total of 525 pounds of medication.
Local police departments offered kiosks, where 614 pounds of medication was dropped off.
The event was sponsored by Cortland Area Communities That Care.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Quiet tonight, showers return tomorrow
- Meet the new, 250-pound addition to Rosamond Gifford Zoo
- Second person begins treatment with new FDA-approved Alzheimer’s Drug
- WATCH: SU MLax introduces Pietramala as defensive coordinator
- WATCH LIVE: Onondaga County Executive Ryan McMahon gives a COVID-19 briefing
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9