SOLON, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Cortland County Sheriff’s Office has identified the victim in a deadly fire as Paul Burdick III, 35, of McGraw.
On Saturday at 2:21 a.m., the Cortland County 911 Center received a call of a structure fire on Lapp Hill Road in the Town of Solon. Cortlandville, McGraw and Homer Fire Departments responded to the scene.
As fire personnel were addressing the fire, a victim who appeared to have perished as a result of the fire was located within the structure.
Investigators from the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office, along with the Cortland County Coroner’s Office and the New York State Fire Investigation Team, responded to the scene and are currently conducting an investigation.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone who may have information is asked to contact the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division at (607) 758-6151.
The Solon Highway Department also helped on the scene with its loader, which moved large bales of hay.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Lessons from the Ring: Tell Me Something Good
- Detectives: The search continues for tire thieves
- Family Healthcast: 1/17/2020
- Gov. Cuomo proposes allowing alcohol sales in movie theaters
- More than two months after Election Day, some people are annoyed that some candidates’ campaign signs are still in the ground
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9