SOLON, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Cortland County Sheriff’s Office has identified the victim in a deadly fire as Paul Burdick III, 35, of McGraw.
On Saturday at 2:21 a.m., the Cortland County 911 Center received a call of a structure fire on Lapp Hill Road in the Town of Solon. Cortlandville, McGraw and Homer Fire Departments responded to the scene.
As fire personnel were addressing the fire, a victim who appeared to have perished as a result of the fire was located within the structure.
Investigators from the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office, along with the Cortland County Coroner’s Office and the New York State Fire Investigation Team, responded to the scene and are currently conducting an investigation.
The investigation is ongoing and anyone who may have information is asked to contact the Cortland County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Division at (607) 758-6151.
The Solon Highway Department also helped on the scene with its loader, which moved large bales of hay.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Wishes on hold for Make-A-Wish Central New York
- Little Caesars donating 1M pizzas to hospitals, first responders
- Elder abuse concerns heightened amid COVID-19 isolation
- Some auto insurance companies returning money to customers during COVID-19 pandemic
- Facebook pairing with researchers to use its data to slow COVID-19 pandemic
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9