SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The coronavirus outbreak continues to impact all parts of life including how we celebrate the life of a loved one.
Thomas Pirro Jr., owner of Thomas J. Pirro, Jr. Funeral Home, says the pandemic has changed the way he helps those grieving with loss.
Pirro Jr., has turned to technology during this time.
Live video streaming has been an option for families, and now it’s the only way for non- family members to watch a service.
Only “immediate family” are allowed at services, according to state social-distancing guidelines, but even Pirro doesn’t know where to draw the line when it comes to “immediate family.”
Pirro Jr. says he is hoping to get more clarification from the state about the guidelines.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Passenger killed, driver hospitalized after vehicle crashes into monument at Niagara Square in Buffalo
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- Local Christmas tree farms offer new additions to keep customers and traditions safe this holiday season
- Bills LB A.J. Klein says it’s ‘imperative’ for Bills defense to play their best football down the stretch
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9.