A letter to residents from the Chenango County Health Department‘s Nursing Division (12/30/20)
As case numbers continue to rise, we would like to provide some information that will help slow disease transmission, calm some individual fears and ease some undue burden on our contact tracing team.
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 is asked to immediately self-isolate and be tested. Testing sites near you may be found: Find a Test Site Near You | Department of Health (ny.gov)
- Anyone who is tested because they are symptomatic must self-isolate until test results are returned.
- If a person tests positive, even if asymptomatic, they must continue or immediately begin self-isolation.
- Our office does not receive results in real time and due to the surge in cases it may be 24-48 hours before you hear from our team. If it has been over 48hrs since you received your results and you have not been contacted please call 607-337-1660.
- The recent surge in cases as well as an increase in contacts per case has slowed the contact tracing process. If you believe you are a contact to a known positive, please begin self-quarantine. It may take time for virtual contact tracers to reach you if there is a surge of positive cases. It is important that contacts answer calls and return messages. Contacts that take multiple attempts to reach, increase risk and decrease capacity.
- If you were not identified by the positive individual as a contact or if you have not had direct contact when the positive case was symptomatic, then you may not be contacted.
Additional information may be found at: www.coronavirus.health.ny.gov
More COVID-19 news from Chenango County
- Bassett Healthcare offering virtual information session on COVID-19 vaccine (12/8)
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Greene restaurant (11/5)
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Chenango County fitness center (10/23/20)
- Man who attended NYOA Boondocks event tests positive for COVID-19, potential public exposure (9/25)
- Chenango County Health Department warning of potential coronavirus exposure at two establishments
- Food distribution event at Chenango County Fairgrounds
- Chenango County reports two deaths from COVID-19
- Homemade masks can offer protection from coronavirus
- Costco, Home Depot now limiting number of customers permitted in stores
- Distance learning extended through April 15th for NYS schools
- Health officials looking for ways to sterilize N95 masks
Chenango County Resources
Chenango County Health Department
- Website: Co.Chenango.NY.us/Public-Health/
- Phone: 607-337-1660
- Follow the Chenango County Health Department on Social Media
- Facebook: ChenangoLHDhenango
Bassett Healthcare Network
- Website: Bassett.org/Covid-19
- Phone: 607-547-5555
UHS Nurse Direct
- Website: NYUHS.org
- Phone: 607-763-5555
NYS Department Of Health
- Website: Health.NY.gov/Diseases/Communicable/Coronavirus
- Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- Follow the NYS Department of Health on social media
- Facebook: /NYSDOH
- Twitter: @HealthNYGov
Centers For Disease Control (CDC)
- Website: CDC.gov/Coronavirus/2019-nCoV
- Phone: 800-232-4636
- Follow the CDC on social media