A letter to residents from the Chenango County Health Department (7/16/20)
We want to thank the residents of Chenango County for your continued support through this very difficult time.
Individuals and businesses have done a great service to our community by following the evolving recommendations, guidance, and regulations to decrease the spread of Coronavirus. Together we have done our part to keep the numbers low in the state and in our county. Your individual efforts to flatten the curve and reduce illness have been successful. Our situation would have been far worse if it weren’t for the hard work and sacrifice each of us has made over the past few months to do our part.
Please remain diligent with social distancing, wearing masks/ face coverings in public, practicing good handwashing, and cleaning/ disinfecting techniques. This will likely not end for an extended period of time. The future is still unknown with the virus and we do not want our case numbers to rise. Many states are seeing a surge in coronavirus cases. We control our future at the local level. It is important to continue to try our best to keep the case numbers low.
Over the past week, we have seen a small increase in positive case numbers. A growing number of those positive cases can be attributed to gatherings and group activities. Others are a result of out-of-state travel. We want to stress the importance of continuing to social distance while in a group setting, gathering, or out in public. If you travel, you should research current information about the place that you plan to visit so you may plan accordingly. The Governor’s travel advisory requires individuals to quarantine for 14 days if they come to New York State from a state where significant community spread is occurring, based on specific data. Answers to commonly asked questions and the list of states with travel restrictions can be found at www.governor.ny.gov.
Please be aware, stay informed, and to stay safe.
More COVID-19 news from Chenango County
- Chenango County Health Department warning of potential coronavirus exposure at two establishments
- Food distribution event at Chenango County Fairgrounds
- Chenango County reports two deaths from COVID-19
- Homemade masks can offer protection from coronavirus
- Costco, Home Depot now limiting number of customers permitted in stores
- Distance learning extended through April 15th for NYS schools
- Health officials looking for ways to sterilize N95 masks
Chenango County Resources
Chenango County Health Department
- Website: Co.Chenango.NY.us/Public-Health/
- Phone: 607-337-1660
- Follow the Chenango County Health Department on Social Media
- Facebook: ChenangoLHDhenango
Bassett Healthcare Network
- Website: Bassett.org/Covid-19
- Phone: 607-547-5555
UHS Nurse Direct
- Website: NYUHS.org
- Phone: 607-763-5555
NYS Department Of Health
- Website: Health.NY.gov/Diseases/Communicable/Coronavirus
- Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
- Follow the NYS Department of Health on social media
- Facebook: /NYSDOH
- Twitter: @HealthNYGov
Centers For Disease Control (CDC)
- Website: CDC.gov/Coronavirus/2019-nCoV
- Phone: 800-232-4636
- Follow the CDC on social media
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Schweinfurth Art Center completes air system upgrades as new exhibit opens
- Car thefts continue to be a problem across Central New York
- WATCH: Heat backs off for midweek but still very warm
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- 1 sent to hospital after shooting in Ithaca
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.