TULLY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Update Thursday 10/10/2019 – The victim in the deadly construction accident Wednesday is 41-year-old Jeffrey Stout of Homer, NY.
The Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a deadly accident involving a construction vehicle.
At 1:27 p.m., Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies, along with rescue personnel, responded to the intersection of Route 80 and Woodmancy Road for a reported accident involving a construction vehicle.
According to the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, an employee from Suit Kote Corporation was operating a 2005 Western Star dump truck on Route 80 in a construction zone when the driver was backing up and struck another employee who was directing traffic. The employee who was hit died at the scene. Their name has not been released.
Part of Route 80 was closed between Woodmancy Road and Tully Farms Road while authorities investigate the accident. The road reopened just before 6 p.m.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Schweinfurth Art Center completes air system upgrades as new exhibit opens
- Car thefts continue to be a problem across Central New York
- WATCH: Heat backs off for midweek but still very warm
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- 1 sent to hospital after shooting in Ithaca
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9