SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) Syracuse fire crews were called to the city’s east side for a house fire Saturday night.
The call coming in just after 8:45 pm to 942 Euclid Ave. on the corner of Euclid and Roosevelt.
The Syracuse Fire Department tells NewsChannel Nine no one was injured but there was heavy smoke damage to the building. No one was home at the time of the fire.
Neighbors who saw and smelled smoke called 911. Smoke was reported coming from the basement.
There were working smoke detectors in the home.
“The amount of smoke came from no one being home. With this fire starting in the basement, it just sat there and filled the house with smoke. The smoke started coming out from the windows and neighbors saw it. It was just smoldering for a long time.” Syracuse Deputy Chief Jeff Kite said.
The three people who live in the building were displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross.