EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) – Fire crews were called to the McIntosh Box and Pallet Company in East Syracuse after several reports of a fire Monday morning.
According to East Syracuse Fire Captain Jason Haas, the fire was called in around 5:45 a.m. but was quickly put out.
Some equipment, wooden pallets, the building, and roof were damaged however no firefighters or employees were injured.
Part of Butternut Drive, which leads to the building on Pyle Drive was blocked off Monday morning for emergency crews but has since been reopened.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
The company’s corporate headquarters is listed at 5864 Pyle Drive, East Syracuse. The company, however, has several locations across New York.
McIntosh Box and Pallet Company had a similar fire at its location, in Bernhards Bay back in 2012.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Merriam-Webster’s top word of 2020 is no surprise
- President-elect Biden fractured foot while playing with his dog, doctor says
- US may see ‘surge upon surge’ of virus in weeks ahead, Dr. Fauci says
- Deadline for motions in 22nd Congressional district race is Monday at 5 p.m.
- Picture of the Day: 11/30/20
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9