DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Cryomech is breaking ground on its brand new facility in DeWitt. The company plans to move from its current home on Falso Drive to its new home on Moore Road by the end of next year.
The project will allow the company to consolidate its workforce, currently housed in three buildings, into one 76,000 square foot production facility. The company will also be adding around 19 new jobs.
Cryomech is a manufacturer of cryo-coolers and helio management systems.
Cryomech’s CEO said it had offers to move out of state, but…
“When we started working with the local agencies here, we found that with the incentives offered and our preference, this is our home, so there is a strong preference here. It made it possible for us to stay here in the Town of DeWitt,” Cryomech CEO Kelly Wypych said.
The total cost of the project is close to $17 million and was made possible with a capital grant from Empire State Development and the Excelsior Jobs Program.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Class A Final set in boys high school basketball
- Barre-Boulet and the Crunch spoil Anthony Angello’s return to Syracuse
- Syracuse knocks off Hobart to retain the Kraus-Simmons Trophy
- WATCH: Lake effect on the move, sweeps through Syracuse overnight
- Corporate bands battle it out at Rockin’ the Redhouse
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9