NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — If you were affected the 2017 Equifax data breach and are interested in claiming some of the settlement, the deadline is fast approaching.
If you decide to opt out of the settlement and file your own claim, you have to reserve your right to sue Equifax related directly to the data breach by sending a letter of exclusion. This has to be done by Tuesday, November 19th.
If you decide to opt in to the settlement, you have until January 22, 2020.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Monday, September 26th
- Classic fall pattern keeps on and off rain showers around to start the week
- Teen and two others shot on the city’s south side
- ESM high school to go remote on Monday following threat
- Majority of Democrats want candidate other than Biden in 2024: poll
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9