ALBANY, N.Y. (NEWS10) – The New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets are encouraging New Yorkers to shop from local farmers and small businesses through Taste NY for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. New York’s regional Taste NY Markets and Taste NY stores offer specialty gift items, pre-made and customized gift baskets, luxury bath products, and even ingredients to create a delicious Valentine’s Day meal.
Stores offer a variety of safe shopping options, including curbside pickup and online, which provides an opportunity to ship New York products right to your door.
Gift sets and baskets range in size and price, and feature a wide selection of local gourmet food items, locally produced craft beverages, novelty items, customizable gifts, and bath and beauty products. Taste NY Markets offer locally sourced foods and beverages. The markets offer charcuterie meats and cheeses, wine and cider, and pancake mix and maple syrup.
Additionally, Welcome Center Taste NY Markets and stores are holding special promotions and offering special products. Centers in the Capital Region include:
- The Adirondacks Welcome Center is highlighting products like chocolate and gift options through their “Gifts You’ll Love” campaign.
- The Capital Region Welcome Center is featuring products including Vasilow’s Confectionery’s truffle boxes, heart pops, and raspberry and chocolate fudge; and RAD soap’s Squeeze Me and Love Me Bar soap and Love Me body lotion. The Welcome Center is additionally offering a specialty latte drink, “Chocolate Covered Strawberry Latte” with strawberry and chocolate syrup and espresso.
- The Central New York Welcome Center is highlighting its “Think Outside the Candy Box” campaign to spotlight non-candy products for Valentine’s Day.
- The Finger Lakes Welcome Center is offering a $5 off coupon to Montezuma Winery in Seneca Falls for their Wine & Fudge Pairing Kit. Additionally, the first 25 customers to the Welcome Center each day on February 12, 13, and 14 will receive a free carnation with their purchase, through a partnership with Don’s Own flower shop in Geneva and Sinicropi in Seneca Falls. The Welcome Center is also offering the chance to win a Valentine’s Raffle Basket filled with products donated from many local craft beverage and chocolate companies.
- The Hudson Valley | Catskills Welcome Center is running a “Share the Love” promotion from now through February 14 where customers who buy a Valentine’s Day gift box can purchase an I LOVE NY t-shirt or sweatshirt at 50% off.
- The Long Island Welcome Center is featuring products from Hidden Gem (Valentine’s cakesicles, Valentine’s chocolate covered Oreos, Valentine’s hot cocoa bombs); North Fork Chocolate (chocolate rose pops); and Barkeater Chocolate (dark and milk chocolate hearts).
- The Mohawk Valley Welcome Center is offering a free small coffee with every candy purchase made on February 12, 13, and 14, and are promoting some of the products available on ShopTasteNY.com.
- The North Country Welcome Center is highlighting Valentine’s Day gift baskets filled with items from Barkeater Chocolates and Apothecary Chocolate.
- The Southern Tier Welcome Center is promoting “sweet treat” specials from a local bakery, Chroma Cafe and local candy shop, Somethin’ Sweet Gourmet.
- The Western New York Welcome Center is promoting holiday gift baskets and bags in store, as well as ingredients that make up a great meal for date night.
- Taste NY at Todd Hill is promoting local chocolatiers, artisanal gifts, and treats.
- Taste NY at the NYS Equal Rights Heritage Center is featuring chocolates from Gretchen’s Confections, and health and beauty products from Avital Apiaries. They have gift bags available and will offer 10% off on Valentine’s Day weekend.
- Taste NY Market at Front Street is creating coffee bar and milkshake specials: a white mocha raspberry latte, and a chocolate, strawberry, and peanut butter milkshake. They are additionally promoting sweet treat specials from a local bakery, Chroma Cafe and a local candy shop, Somethin’ Sweet Gourmet.
Many are also running local ads, initiating campaigns on social media, and finding other unique ways to connect with their communities.
For a complete list of Taste NY locations, hours of operation and contact information, visit the Taste NY website.