DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A federal trial date has been set for William Wood, Jr., the man who shot and killed two workers inside Chili’s Restaurant in DeWitt on September 15, 2018.
Wood’s trial is scheduled to begin on March 2, 2020 in Binghamton. If convicted, Wood could face the death penalty
In March, Wood pleaded guilty to first-degree murder and several other charges in State Supreme Court.
Wood admitted opened fire inside the restaurant, killing Stephen Gudknecht and Kristopher Hicks.
Onondaga County District Attorney Bill Fitzpatrick said Wood intended to kill more, but his gun appeared to have jammed.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- How to wear your face mask properly this winter season
- Centro honors essential workers with new bus design
- Christmas and COVID: Therapist on how to manage holiday stress and decisions amid the pandemic
- Pfizer cuts 2020 COVID-19 vaccine distribution in half due to supply-chain issues, report says
- Where are you in the vaccine line? NY Times tool has an estimate
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9