Area Friendly’s Restaurants are abruptly closing.
“After a months-long evaluation and careful consideration, we have decided to close 23 corporate-owned restaurants, effective immediately. While this was a tough decision, we are confident it will best position the brand for a bright future. Especially difficult is the impact these closures will have on the locations’ wonderful employees, who we are working to support with opportunities in other locations or severance payments and other assistance,” the company said in a statement to its franchise locations.
14 locations in Upstate New York will be closed.
Going forward, Friendly’s will have 77 corporate-owned restaurants and 97 franchisee-owned restaurants
NewsChannel 9 has confirmed the status of the following restaurants:
- 3275 Erie Blvd E, DeWitt
- 4081 NY-31, Clay (Great Northern Mall)
- 3701 James St, Syracuse
- 192-196 West Bridge Street Oswego
- 1148 Front Street, Binghamton
- 301 E. Main Street, Endicott
- 377 Main Street, Oneonta
- 170 Clinton Ave, Cortland, NY
- 2309 N Triphammer Rd, Ithaca, NY
- 1700 Burrstone Road New Hartford, NY
- 3873 NY-31 #100, Liverpool, NY
This is a developing story, check back with LocalSYR.com for more information as it becomes available.