DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A DeWitt man pleaded guilty Friday to child pornography and attempted coercion and enticement of a child.
Derek Indivero, 27, admitted to talking to a middle school student on Snapchat in February of last year. He offered the student $50 in exchange for sexual contact.
Indivero met with the child, engaged in the sexual contact, and paid the child $49.
Later that month, police took over the Snapchat account, posing as the child. When Indivero thought he was meeting with that child again, police were there to arrest him.
Indivero also admitted he had child pornography downloaded from the internet. He’s scheduled to be sentenced on February 20th, facing life in prison.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Quiet, warm weather continues
- President Trump expected to nominate Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court
- Georgia Tech equipment staff seen at Jimmy John’s after receiving travel exemption from NYS
- Family Healthcast: Stress of COVID-19 pandemic disproportionately affecting women
- Consumer Reports: Video doorbells provide an extra sense of security