VERNON CENTER, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Vernon Center Fire Department says they’ve been overwhelmed with support from the community after a mobile home exploded, leaving a mother and her two children homeless.
The fire chief says people have been dropping off clothes, toys, and household items to help the family. Both children have been released from the hospital, living with family while their mom recovers in the burn unit.
Investigators believe propane ignited the fire Sunday night.
For anyone wishing to make any monetary donations, Community Bank has set up a benefit account for the family. You can go to any branch and make a donation under the Alexis Peckham Fund.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Warm with a widely scattered shower or two
- Paving project on I-81 to affect traffic in Onondaga County and Oswego County
- Staying safe during the Fourth of July weekend
- State police nab 3 with illegal weapons on Thruway traffic stop
- Syracuse football lands three-star quarterback from California
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9