SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A reminder that anyone can get a COVID-19 test at the community testing site on South Salina Street in downtown.
Up until this week, people had to get approval from a doctor before getting a test.
Now, anyone can show up from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Make sure to bring your ID and Insurance card if you have it. You can still get tested even if you don’t have insurance.
Onondaga County is opening a second public testing site at the WIC Office parking lot on Gifford Street. It will be open Thursday and Friday only from 11 a.m. until 7 p.m.
This site will work to meet the needs in under-served neighborhoods.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills defense prepare for first big test of the season with Rams offense
- WATCH: Filtered sunshine Tuesday but warmer
- Military plane conducts touch and go exercises at airport
- Protesters call on Sen. Lindsey Graham to stop confirmation of SCOTUS nominee
- Independent consultant to review evidence in Wisconsin police shooting of Jacob Blake
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.