SYRACUSE, N.Y. — It should be a much calmer evening commute on the way home from work compared to the devilish morning commute many drivers in Syracuse experienced earlier on Friday.
Plows have been busy on the roads throughout Friday and, as of 4 p.m., I-690 and I-481 look to be mostly clear.
The 45 mile per hour speed limit restriction on I-90 from exits 21A through exit 40 has also been lifted as of 4:19 on Friday.
Many side roads still need to be plowed, but those are secondary concerns for plow drivers. Drivers may experience “slushy” roads, but conditions are still better than what they were on Friday morning.
Drivers are still cautioned to drive slow as snow continues to fall in areas across Central New York.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: A bit of winter weather to start December
- Police: 15-year-old shot in Syracuse, expected to survive
- New York State Police searching for stolen UTV in Oneida County
- Chihuahua eases business restrictions as COVID-19 fatalities, cases decline
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway