SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Genius New york 2.0 finalist and Syracuse-based Dropcopter is taking home a $500,000 prize from the first Food and Agriculture Challenge in New York state.
GROW New York focuses on building the food and agriculture innovators across Central New Tork, the Finger Lakes, and the Southern Tier.
You might remember when Beak and Skiff partnered with this drone company, using the technology to pollinate its apple orchards. Now, Dropcopter has half a million dollars from New York to continue to develop its drones.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- President Trump signs executive orders to ban TikTok, WeChat in 45 days
- When will gyms be allowed to reopen?
- WATCH: Clouding up tonight with showers skirting Central New York Friday.
- Where are they now?: Jillian Zakrzeski
- Lawmakers try to find ways to slow spread of COVID-19 amid spike in cases
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9