SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Genius New york 2.0 finalist and Syracuse-based Dropcopter is taking home a $500,000 prize from the first Food and Agriculture Challenge in New York state.
GROW New York focuses on building the food and agriculture innovators across Central New Tork, the Finger Lakes, and the Southern Tier.
You might remember when Beak and Skiff partnered with this drone company, using the technology to pollinate its apple orchards. Now, Dropcopter has half a million dollars from New York to continue to develop its drones.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Accumulating snow arrives by midday
- Friday Night Fever: The top high school basketball highlights from around Central New York
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Syracuse Police looking for man accused of attacking gas station with baseball bat
- Massive explosion injures three in Pennsylvania
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9