SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Genius New york 2.0 finalist and Syracuse-based Dropcopter is taking home a $500,000 prize from the first Food and Agriculture Challenge in New York state.
GROW New York focuses on building the food and agriculture innovators across Central New Tork, the Finger Lakes, and the Southern Tier.
You might remember when Beak and Skiff partnered with this drone company, using the technology to pollinate its apple orchards. Now, Dropcopter has half a million dollars from New York to continue to develop its drones.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Reliability of redesigned cars: Consumer Reports
- General Motors loans $40 million to electric car company
- Amazon blames President Trump for losing Pentagon contract
- Jim Breuer to perform at The Vine
- Grab and Go seafood from Wegmans easy choice for holiday parties
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9