EAST SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — If you live in East Syracuse, you might have seen a little parade going on Sunday.
The fire department drove around neighborhoods, bringing the Easter Bunny with them! And guess who’s hiding underneath that bunny head? None other than Village Mayor Robert Tackman.
Tackman tweeted over the weekend, “Some mayor’s wear suits. Today I dressed as a bunny! A way to spread a little spring celebration and bring a smile to children who aren’t going to be able to meet the easter bunny this year.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- No WiFi at home? One Virginia school district has a creative solution for students
- Science kits allow kids to experiment from home
- A Utah school was already online-only. Here’s what lessons it has for others
- Portsmouth schools use paced learning to adapt to different progress levels due to pandemic
- An Oregon school district’s unique approaches to keeping students fed
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.