CAMILLUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Health Department (OCHD) has confirmed a new case of hepatitis A virus infection in a local restaurant worker.
OCHD was notified on Wednesday, October 30th that a food handler who works at Camillus Hills Golf Course, also known as the Camillus Country Club (5690 Bennetts Corners Rd, Camillus, NY 13031) was diagnosed with the hepatitis A virus and immediately initiated an investigation.
Anyone who consumed food or drinks from Camillus Hills Golf Course/Camillus Country Club during the timeframe of October 13 to 24, 2019 was potentially exposed to the hepatitis A virus. Those who have been fully vaccinated against hepatitis A are protected.
The health department advises anyone who may have eaten at the restaurant to call the Onondaga County Health Department at 315-435-5752 beginning Thursday, October 31 at 8:30 a.m.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Ithaca edges Cortland in men’s DIII basketball action
- Carmelo Anthony makes his NBA return with the Portland Trail Blazers
- WATCH: Some flurries into Wednesday then a bit of a warm up
- ‘Back to the Future’ star makes an appearance at Baker High School
- Local agencies participate in active shooter training
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9